Brylcreem...still good!

Now I don't want to go down the route of giving tips about style, because I'm not the best at it, but I recently came across a couple of photos of my Grandad and I noticed that what he was wearing could look good today! When it comes to style there are certain classic looks that seem to never date. The Trench coat for example is as popular today as it was back in the days of Casablanca. I gave my Grandad a ring and asked if he used to use any grooming products back in the day that I could talk about in my blog. First I asked if he knew what a blog was, to which he said, "I know what a block of wood is!" So I explained what I was doing and asked if I could use his photograph, then he told me that he used to use Brylcreem. He said that Brylcreem used to be advertised by cricketer Denis Compton, today the face of the brand is another cricketer Kevin Pieterson. The hair care brand is still popular with ten different products available (including the original). To create that polished classic look Brylcreem is a good solution, with different strength waxes, gels and creams. As a sufferer of dandruff my next purchase may be the original anti-dandruff cream from Brylcreem, and it's not that expensive only £3.20 from Boots!

Advert for Brylcreem from the 50's, if only life was still like this :-)

1 comments:

siobhan

love the photos of your gramps!!

Post a Comment

Return top